Loewen movie “The Burial” finally has a release date
At Funeral Director Daily we have tried to keep you updated on the status of the Hollywood movie that has been produced about the disagreement and eventual lawsuit between one-time power funeral home consolidator company The Loewen Group and a funeral home in Mississippi.
Finally, we have read in this article from the United Kingdom’s Daily Mail that the movie, entitled “The Burial” is scheduled for theatre release on October 6, 2023, and according to that article, will be available on Prime Video beginning October 13.
The movie stars Jamie Foxx and Tommy Lee Jones.
Here is a movie trailer preview of the movie “The Burial“.
The following are articles that have appeared in past issues of Funeral Director Daily about the history of this movie and/or The Loewen Group:
- Amazon movie in production based on the fall of the Loewen Corporation.
- Flashback to the Loewen Case – Part 1
- Flashback to the Loewen Case – Part 2
- Here is a Time Magazine article on the Loewen case entitled “Fight to the Death“
More news from the world of Death Care:
- Business Cycle: Pair of funeral homes going up on Airport Road. The Roanoke Times (VA)
- Rise of eco-friendly funerals propels growth of Global Sustainable Casket Market. . . PR Newswire
- InvoCare Earnings: Result overshadowed by likely takeover. Morningstar
- Muscatine asks for help to keep Greenwood Cemetery beautiful. QuadCities.com (IA)
Enter your e-mail below to join the 3,352 others who receive Funeral Director Daily articles daily:
“A servant’s attitude guided by Christ leads to a significant life”