In today’s afternoon edition we bring you the tale of the Archdiocese of San Diego attempting to zone vacant land it has owned for some time into a cemetery to serve the people of its parishes. Homeowners in the area are not necessarily excited to see a cemetery near their homes citing property tax devaluation as the main reason. You can access the article here.
We also bring you a registration for, what we believe, will be an interesting webinar that may get you two credits of continuing education. The webinar is on the “Implications of a Recent U.S. Supreme Court case relating to Funeral Practice and Discrimination on the Basis of Sex”. One of the cases brought forward is that of funeral home employee Aimee Stephens. You can read about the Supreme Court’s decision in that case in this Funeral Director Daily article. Here is the registration form and description of this webinar. It is scheduled for August 19.
We also are bringing you information, from KHOU, on exactly what is President Trumps “Payroll Holiday” and how it may affect you and some information from our friends at Clifton Larson Allen on the latest on SBA Payroll Protection Plan loan forgiveness. You can access that article here.
More from the world of Death Care:
- Funeral home celebrates 150th anniversary this month. Gass Haney Funeral Home. Columbus Telegram (NE)
- Website – Gass Haney Funeral Home.
- Proposed Catholic cemetery in Vista area concerns nearby homeowners. San Diego Union Tribune (CA)
- Blue Ridge Green Burial offers an alternative kind of funeral service. Bristol Herald Courier (VA)
- What is a Payroll Tax Holiday? KHOU (Houston, TX)
- Litchfield-based funeral business installs safety screens to allow families to travel in limos to funerals. Litchfield Live. Great Britain.
- Webinar Registration: Implications of Recent U.S. Supreme Court Decision. University of Minnesota. Wednesday, August 19. 4:00 pm Eastern Time. 3:00 pm Central Time.
- Payroll Protection Plan loan forgiveness information. Clifton Larson Allen