You have all heard it said many times, especially because we are in the funeral business, “You can’t take it with you“. That refers to taking your bank accounts to the great beyond and spending money there.
But, according to an article in Forbes Magazine, you can earn a lot of money posthumously. As a matter of fact, Elvis Presley has been dead and gone for 45 years now, but his estate is set to earn about $110 million in 2022. That will put him at #4 in the Forbes Posthumous 15.
We will print the #4 thru #10 expected top posthumous earners of 2022 and then let you guess who the Top 3 are. . . . You can find out by clicking into the complete article from Forbes here. . . . or by looking at the bottom of this article . . . . .and who is Jeff Porcaro? Just like me, you will find out.
- #4 – Elvis Presley – $110 million
- #5 – James Brown – $100 million
- #6 – Michael Jackson – $75 million
- #7 – Leonard Cohen – $55 million
- #8 – Dr. Seuss – $32 million
- #9 – Jeff Porcaro – $25 million
- #10 – Charles Schulz – $24 million
When you see the amounts earned posthumously it makes one wonder about the death care acquisition business. . . . maybe sellers should take a lower up-front amount and and negotiate for a perpetual royalty rate? It’s been done in other businesses. . . . Just sayin. . . . .
The Expected Top Posthumous earners of 2022
- #1 – J.R.R. Tolkien – $500 million
- #2 – Kobe Bryant – $400 million
- #3 – David Bowie – $250 million
Enter your e-mail below to join the 2,996 others who receive Funeral Director Daily articles daily: