News from the World of Death Care – 6.18.2020
In our afternoon update for today in the world of Death Care we bring you artcles that include StoneMor, Inc.’s decision to reject an offer from Axar Capital to purchase all of the outstanding shares of StoneMor and take the company private. Funeral Director Daily had earlier reported on this potential development in May in an article that you can read here.
We also bring you an article from WIBW Channel 13 in Topeka, Kansas, where the Shawnee County Health Department reports an increase in COVID-19 cases and suggests that funeral attendance is one reason why.
Other articles include those on “how death we manage death is changing fast”, an expansion of Arlington National Cemetery, and obituaries for a couple of well-respected members of the funeral profession.
News from the world of Death Care:
- StoneMor, Inc. announces response of Special Committee to Axar Proposal. Globe Newswire
- Shawnee County sees an increase of COVID-19 cases linked to funerals. WIBW TV (KS)
- How we manage death is changing fast – for mourners and the funeral industry. Vice Media Group
- Condemning nine acres would allow Arlington Cemetery expansion. WTOP News – Washington DC
- Obituary: Clark S. Brown, Jr. – Winston – Salem Journal (NC)
- Obituary: Arthur Reid, Jr. – Milwaukee Sentinel Journal (WI)
[wpforms id=”436″ title=”true” description=”true”]
Leave a Comment