There is no doubt that COVID-19 and the rules around social distancing are causing funeral homes and cemeteries to do the tasks required of them differently. Today we share some of those subtleties and not so subtle aspects from Australia and America’s west coast funeral homes.
We also have a story on how the disease is ravaging through Bogota, Columbia, and how a church deacon is keeping order among one of its largest cemeteries.
Finally, we bring you NFDA’s latest “Brush with Death” podcast entitled, Cremation 101. In that podcast a couple of attendees of NFDA’s Cremation Certification Program offer their experiences from the program.
More from the world of Death Care:
- Podcast: Cremation 101. National Funeral Director’s Association
- The Scoop on Masks. National Funeral Director’s Association
- Mourners are paying their respects virtually as expectations of funeral services change amid pandemic. Bendigo Advertiser – Australia
- Kaskela Law LLC announces investigation of StoneMor, Inc. WFMZ 69 News (PA)
- Funeral home changes during the pandemic. KRCR ABC – 7 (CA)
- Columbia deacon leads funeral rites in PPE as coronavirus cases near 400,000. WKZO (MI)
- Murder victim’s family says cemetery rejected his headstone. WCM 5 (TN)
- Funeral homes update policies as states mandate change. Hood River News (OR)
- Cremations preferred over burials for final dispositions. WSKG (NY)
- Marion Selectmen question cemetery burial fees (MA)