Smith Family Funeral Homes of North Little Rock, Arkansas announced last week that they have acquired American Home Life Insurance Company, also of North Little Rock. Interestingly enough, American Home Life Insurance Company was founded by the grandfather of Smith Family Funeral Homes current President Jeff Smith.
Smith was quoted in this article from Arkansas Business, “. . . . (we) had a strong desire to continue what my grandad started. We’ve been very successful with growing the funeral homes and figured out some successful business strategies that I think will translate very well. . . to help us grow the insurance company.”
Again, according to the article, “Smith aims to begin offering traditional life insurance policies in 2022 to the same people who are buying the pre-paid funeral and final expenses policies the firm already sells. He said the funeral home business is “highly relationship driven” — with families using the same funeral home over and over again — because they trust that home. He believes families will be interested in traditional insurance policies offered by the people they already trust.”
Coming Attractions – Seminars/Webinars:
Webinar — What’s the future of Funerals. Sponsored by CANA -The Cremation Association of North America and Disrupt Media. This seminar allows for one hour of continuing education credit. Wednesday, October 14, 2 pm Eastern Time, 1 Pm Central Time. Register here.
More news from the world of Death Care:
- Homesteaders Life takes sponsorship role in National Funeral Directors convention. Business Record
- Incumbent Kupferer faces funeral director Crawshaw in race for Jackson County coroner. The Southern (IL)
- Hospices increasingly supplement bereavement care with phone apps. Hospice News
- Funeral Directors the silent heroes in the war on COVID. Galveston Daily News (TX)
- East Durham duo change face of funeral industry. The Northern Echo – United Kingdom