Afternoon Edition: Cemetery re-imagination and more
September 4, 2020/Afternoon Edition/
As we post our final Afternoon Edition before the Labor Day holiday we do so with some articles that are heavily weighted to the cemetery side of the death care profession. In today’s News from the World of Death Care we bring you an article from “The Conversation” that deals with how the cemetery could be “Re-imagined”.
And. . .we have about three other cemetery related articles that deal with Green Burials, the “derecho” damage to Iowa cemeteries, and the cemetery traditions that are going by the wayside in Peru as that country continues to deal with death due to COVID-19.
Have a great Labor Day!!
News from the world of Death Care:
- Cemetery Design has to consider many sensitive issues: Lessons from Johannesburg. The Conversation (South Africa)
- Green Burials now permitted in Great Barrington. WSBS Radio (MA)
- Cemetery workers still dealing with derecho damage. KCRG ABC – Cedar Rapids (IA)
- Blaylock retires after life-long career in funeral service. Warren Record (NC)
- Local experts give families advice in dealing with funeral delays. News story and article. ABC News 5 Cleveland (OH)
- In Peru, virus erodes century old burial traditions. Minneapolis Tribune (MN)
Leave a Comment