Park Lawn Corporation adds to Kansas City cluster
It was announced in a recent press release that you can access here that funeral home and cemetery operator Park Lawn Corporation (PLC) has made another acquisition in the greater Kansas City market. Just this week they have announced that they have acquired substantially all of the assets of the aptly named Park Lawn Funeral Home and Memorial Park Cemetery & Green Lawn Cemetery as well as the Park Lawn Northland Chapel and Glenridge Cemetery.
The move will expand the company’s footprint in the Kansas City market where they recently completed the purchase of the Muehlebach funeral businesses as well. (Press Release).
In relation to the Park Lawn Missouri acquisition, PLC CEO J. Bradley Green made this comment, “We are pleased to continue building our strong operating position in the Kansas City market through the strategic acquisition of the Park Lawn Missouri businesses. These high performing complementary businesses will provide operational synergies for PLC’s legacy businesses in the area. . . .We are honored to welcome the Park Lawn Missouri businesses and their teams into our family.”
According to the former owner of the Park Lawn Missouri businesses, they have served the Kansas City area for over 100 years. Here is the Park Lawn Funeral Home website.
The press release from Park Lawn Corporation indicates that the Park Lawn Missouri acquisition will add approximately 657 death calls and 404 interments per year to the growth of PLC.
More news from the world of Death Care:
- Army Reserve Soldiers provide repatriation funeral honors to long-missing World War II hero. Defense Distribution Service
- Asic seeks record $7.5 million penalty against ACBF-Youpla for alledged deceptive and misleading conduct. The Guardian (Australia)
- Alisson reveals he watched his father’s funeral online so he could help Liverpool earn Champions League qualification. . . Daily Mail Online (Great Britain)
- Lewes Cemetery runs out of burial space. BBC News (Great Britain)
- Two-fifths have “gone into debt to pay for a funeral” Yahoo News
Enter your e-mail below to join the 3,022 others who receive Funeral Director Daily articles daily: