Seeking Alpha recently penned an article about death care public company Carriage Services entitled, “An Under Appreciated Performer in the Death Care Industry”. You can access that article here.
Here’s a few quotes from the article:
- Carriage Services operates in the attractive death care industry, operating 171 funeral homes and 32 cemeteries in the United States.
- The industry is attractive, although it is still extremely fragmented
- The business generates significant cash flow and returns on equity currently exceed 20%.
- Its (Carriage Services) approach is somewhat unique and deeply informed by its co-founder Mr. (Mel) Payne. Payne himself is a proponent of value investing when it comes to capital allocation and also has endeavored to follow in the footsteps of Berkshire Hathaway when it comes to running a decentralized operation.
- The company has also demonstrated a willingness to allocate capital to the highest returns, whether that is share repurchases, internal investment, or acquisitions.
Enter your e-mail below to join the 2,288 others who receive Funeral Director Daily articles daily: