Funeral Director Daily today brings you a rare weekend edition of our news blog. We do so simply because one of the webinars available through the National Funeral Directors Association is on Monday morning and we wanted you to have ample time to consider registering and blocking off an hour of your morning to watch, listen, and learn, if so inclined.
We also bring you some other items of information from the world of death care. Please feel free to share these items with colleagues and coworkers.
- Webinar: Using Social Media to connect with your community during the Pandemic. This webinar is brought to you by the National Funeral Directors Association and is open and free to NFDA members only. The teaser for the webinar states in part, “Social media whiz Welton Hong will help you understand how you can reach out to your community and increase traffic to your funeral home website using social media.” Welton Hong of Ring Ring Marketing is featured and Jessica Koth of the NFDA is the moderator. Monday, May 11. 10 am Eastern Time, 9 am Central time. . . scheduled to be one hour in length.
- NFDA Podcast: Episode #10 – Grieving Alone & Together. This podcast features Sara Murphy, PH.D. She will introduce a new booklet she authored titled “Grieving Alone & Together: Responding to the Loss of Your Loved One During the COVID-19 Pandemic.” Dr. Murphy is a faculty member at the University of Rhode Island. This will be the first episode in a two part series. Approximately 40 minutes in length.
- Special Tribute: This video tribute comes to us from the International Cemetery, Cremation and Funeral Association (ICCFA). It is a short video tribute to those who have as their role “Final Responder” in their community. Editors Note: It is interesting that this is a tribute to “Final Responders” as during the pandemic situation many have referred to death care professionals as “Last Responders”. Does our profession have a preference??
- Funeral Heroes: funeralOne has introduced FuneralHeroes.com. This website offers inspiration and helpful resources at a time when we need it most. An interesting mosaic of information for people in death care – the website has categories that include: 1) Wall of Heroes, 2) COVID-19 Resources, 3) Stories, 4)Ideas, and 5) Quotes.
- Free Grief Guide: This free Grief Guide is offered through the Funeral Service Foundation. It is authored by certified thanatologist Sara Murphy, PH.D, (featured in the NFDA podcast listed above). Go to the link to see how you can offer it to the families that you serve.