Carriage Services keeps the acquisition train rolling along
Last week I had not even finished putting up Friday’s article which dealt with an acquisition when I was notified of another public company acquisition. This time the announcement came from Carriage Services and announced its acquisition of a group of three funeral homes, two cemeteries, and a cremation center based in the Bakersfield, California, market.
According to this press release from Carriage Services, they purchased “the assets of Greenlawn Funeral Homes, Cemeteries and Cremations and Wood Family Funeral Service”. All of the businesses are described to be in the Bakersfield, California, market. And, when combined, they control almost 40% of the Bakersfield market share according to the same press release.
Steve Metzger, Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer for Carriage Services, is quoted in the press release with this statement, “Greenlawn is a special business with an important legacy and deep ties with in the Bakersfield community. . . . . . We look forward to supporting the Greenlawn team and building upon the strong foundation already in place.”
Here is the website for Greenlawn Funeral Homes, Cremations, and Cemeteries
Corporate funeral company related article — Nimble rival a thorn for InvoCare and TPG. Australian Financial Review
More news from the world of Death Care:
- Anderson named Chamber Business Person of the Year. The Outlook (AL)
- Bibber Memorial Chapel CEO dies at the age of 83. Richard (Dick) Bibber death notice. Mainebiz (ME)
- Michael D. Rhoney, 80, prominent Niagara County funeral director. The Buffalo News (NY)
- Push for dangerous embalming fluid to be made a controlled substance. Video story and print transcript. WRAL News (NC)
- Bathed to the Bone: This new cremation method uses water instead of flame. Radio story and print article. KUNC – NPR for Northern Colorado (CO)
Enter your e-mail below to join the 3,187 others who receive Funeral Director Daily articles daily: