The National Alliance for Grieving Children (NAGC) named death care industry veteran Jim Price to its Board of Directors last week. Price has over 50 years of experience in the funeral profession and is a 3rd generation funeral director. He currently serves as Senior Vice-President, Industry Relations for Park Lawn Corporation. Jim, earlier in his career, co-founded and served as EVP/COO of Foundation Partners Group. Price also has a long history of volunteer service in the profession and is currently serving as President of the International Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association (ICCDA) Educational Foundation.
Funeral Director Daily take: I’ve known Jim Price for a long time and he is one of those genuine “good guys” of funeral service. Congratulations to Jim on this position with the National Alliance for Grieving Children. I’m positive that Jim will represent the funeral home, cemetery, and cremation businesses on this board with distinction.
News from the world of Death Care:
- Dallas funeral home founder says COVID-19 deaths take human, emotional toll. Video and print article. NBC-5 Dallas (TX)
- Carriage Services declares quarterly cash dividend. Yahoo Finance.
- Council approves permit for cemetery. GoAnacortes (WA)
- Cemetery tour to focus on 1855 yellow fever epidemic. The Virginian-Pilot. (VA)
- Quad Cities funeral directors say cremations are on the rise as COVID-19 pandemic impacts funerals. Video and print article. WHBF TV (IL)
- Using ground penetrating radar at Oakwood Cemetery. Point of Beginning (NC)