In today’s edition of Funeral Director Daily’s Afternoon Edition, among other stories, we bring you the story of a Washington state funeral home that had its 20-year old crematory catch on fire on Friday. According to news reports swift action by staff and the local fire department made for minimal damage at Moles Farewell Tributes in Ferndale, Washington.
News from the world of Death Care:
- No injuries, but crematory unit destroyed in a fire in Whatcom County. Bellingham Herald (WA)
- Moles Farewell Tributes web-site
- “Starvation scarier than the virus”: A young mortuary worker speaks on life during a health crisis. The Wire (India)
- Embalmer accuses Beavis Funeral Home owner of sexual harassment. The Tallahassee Democrat (FL)
- Pilot accepting lawn bids for cemetery. The Pilot (NC)
- Some area funeral homes prepare for possible spike in COVID-19 deaths. Video and article. KWTX 10 News. (Waco, TX)